Ashford OMM 618 OMM/618 OMM618 Week6 Assignment Research Project
Focus of the Final Paper
Submit an eight to ten page job analysis paper (excluding cover page and references). The Research paper is organized around the premise that you have recently been promoted from your current job to the next management level above that job. You must now find a replacement for yourself and then supervise that person in your old job. In order to do this you must engage in a job analysis exercise and produce a job description. Using the job description, you then develop a recruiting plan and selection strategy including testing and interviewing. Once that person has been hired, his/her job performance must be evaluated. A performance evaluation philosophy and method must be developed. You must then decide how the position should be paid and why. Finally, training and development issues must be addressed for professional growth. Use at least one theory from the organizational behavior literature to support your positions. The Research paper asks you to apply the knowledge you have gained from the material presented in class in addition to your own experiences.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
7. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Ashford OMM 618 OMM/618 OMM618 Week 6 Assignment Research Project
Availability: In Stock